Welcome to Midwest Team Tournaments!
WHO WE ARE
Midwest Team Tournaments is a Southwest Ohio-based organization devoted to putting on high quality baseball tournaments at some of the best facilities in the Midwest.
The organization was created in 2009 by Rick Cassano and Doug Woods, two former travel ball coaches who hosted large tournaments for nearly a decade with their select team, the Butler County Diamondbacks.
Together we have built a reputation for directing extremely well-run, competitive tournaments at high quality facilities for a great value. All of our tournaments are 5-game guarantees at a cost that many other tournament organizations charge for 4 games.
We look forward to having you be a part of one of our next tournaments!
Feel free to contact us with questions or comments:
Doug Woods, 513-720-0842, firstname.lastname@example.org
Rick Cassano, 513-315-0973, email@example.com
The Midwest Showdown: Will be held in Southwest Ohio on June 18-21. This will be three separate tournaments in one for 16-, 15- and 14-year-olds (a new division in 2015).
- Midwest Vandals 16U – Brookville, OH
- Ohio Heat 16U – West Chester, OH
- Release Baseball 16U – Cleveland
- Ross Rams 16U – Ross, OH
- Cincy Fury 16U – Cincinnati
- Indy Vipers 16U – Indianapolis
- Ohio Bulldogs 16U – Dayton, OH
- Xenia Scouts 16U – Xenia, OH
- CC Blaze 16U – Mechanicsburg, OH
- Dayton Dodgers 16U – Dayton, OH
- Ross Rams 15U – Ross, OH
- Brick City Blast 15U – Huber Heights, OH
- Miami Valley Prospects 15U – New Carlisle
The Midwest Classic: Will be held in Southwest Ohio on June 25-28. This event annually draws around 40 teams and is one tournament for 17- and 18-year-olds (strong 16-year-old teams will also be considered).
- Team New Era 17U – Depew, NY
- XBA Ohio 18U – Cincinnati
- Cincy Flames 18U – Cincinnati
- Cincy Fury 18U – Cincinnati
- Ann Arbor American Legion Post 46 18U – Ann Arbor, MI
- Ohio Warhawks 17U – Gahanna, OH
- North Dayton Thunderbirds 17U – Englewood, OH
- Steel City Predators 18U – Pittsburgh
- Grove City Storm 18U – Grove City, OH
- Cincinnati Force 18U – Morrow, OH
- Cincinnati Stix 18U – Hamilton, OH
- Northern Kentucky Raiders 17U – Union, KY
- Indy Bats Baseball 18U – Indianapolis
- Red Stockings National 17U – Cincinnati
- Ohio Clippers 18U
- Hilliard Cats 18U – Hilliard, OH
- Cincinnati Stix 17U – Loveland, OH
- Dayton Classics 18U – Dayton
- Hamilton Joes 17U – Hamilton, OH
- At The Yard Roosters 17/18U – Hebron, KY
- Kentucky Buccaneers 18U – Hebron, KY
- Staars Elite 17U – Troy, OH
- Miami Valley Prospects 17U – Tipp City, OH
- Gem City Throwbacks 17/18U – Dayton
- Sidney Sluggers 17U – Sidney, OH
- Monroe Swarm 18U – Monroe, OH
- Louisville Elite 18U Black – Louisville, KY
- Louisville Elite 18U Red – Louisville, KY
- Florence Freedom 18U – Florence, KY
- St. Charles Capitals 17U – St. Charles, MO
Younger age groups coming: We will be adding several younger age groups for April and May tournaments. More information on all events will be listed here soon.
INDIANA EAGLES 18U PERFECT IN SURGE TO MIDWEST CLASSIC TITLE
Congratulations to the Indiana Eagles 18U for winning all seven games and the Midwest Classic championship on the weekend of June 26-29.
The Eagles, who hail from the Indianapolis area, were seeded second in the eight-team championship round, then defeated the Cincinnati Riverbats 18U 7-3, the Windsor Selects 18U 8-2 and the Grove City Titans 18U 8-1 in the title game at Miami University’s McKie Field at Hayden Park.
The Cincy Flames 18U won the consolation championship with a 14-2, four-inning victory over the Kentucky Buccaneers 18U.
The Classic included 39 teams from Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Utah and Canada.
All pool and bracket results are listed at www.tourneymachine.com under “Midwest Classic June 26-29 2014.” The direct link is http://www.tourneymachine.com/R5610.
BULLS, BULLETS CAPTURE MIDWEST SHOWDOWN CHAMPIONSHIPS
Congratulations to the 15U Louisville (Ky.) Bulls and 16U Bullets Baseball for going undefeated and capturing Midwest Showdown titles at Carleton-Davidson Stadium in Springfield on June 22.
Rain wiped out the majority of the first two days of the Showdown, but all teams eventually played at least three games in pool play. Some played four.
The Bulls completed a 4-0 run in the 15U division by defeating the Ohio Heat 8-3 in the championship game. The Bullets, hailing primarily from the Tipp City, Vandalia and Clayton areas of north Dayton, went 5-0 and defeated the Sidney Sluggers 8-7 in the title game, scoring on a passed ball in the bottom of the eighth inning.
The Showdown included 22 teams, 15 in the 16U division and seven (after a last-minute dropout) in the 15U division, from Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky and Illinois.
All pool and bracket results are listed at www.tourneymachine.com under “Midwest Showdown June 19-22 2014.” The direct link is http://www.tourneymachine.com/R5433.
FLAMES MAKE UNBEATEN RUN TO MIDWEST CLASSIC CROWN
Congratulations to the 18U Cincy Flames for going 7-0 and capturing the Midwest Classic championship at Time Warner Cable Stadium in Dayton on June 30.
The Flames outscored their seven opponents 67-13 and won three games in Sunday’s championship round, beating Raptors Elite 9-4, Ann Arbor American Legion Post 46 2-0 and then the DuPage (Ill.) Dragons 12-2 in five innings in the title game.
The Windsor Selects won the consolation championship with a 3-1, nine-inning triumph over the Louisville Elite 18U.
The Classic included 42 teams from Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Illinois and Canada.
All pool and bracket results are listed at www.tourneymachine.com under “Midwest Classic June 27-30 2013.” The direct link is http://www.tourneymachine.com/R2387.
FLAMES, ASTROS EARN MIDWEST SHOWDOWN TITLES
Congratulations to the 15U Cincy Flames and 16U Cincinnati Astros for earning Midwest Showdown championships at Carleton-Davidson Stadium in Springfield on June 23.
The Flames were 4-0 in pool play, outscoring their opponents 24-0, then defeated the Ohio Force 7-3 in the semifinals and the Cincinnati Hornets 8-4 in the 15U title game.
The Astros, Cincinnati Fury and Dayton Dodgers were all 3-1 in their division in 16U pool play, with the Fury taking first place in the tiebreaker and the Astros placing second. The Fury blanked the Astros 5-0 on the first day of the tournament. In the championship round, the Astros rallied to top the unbeaten Mid State Titans from Pennsylvania 6-4, then won the title with a 10-3 triumph over the Fury.
The 15U division included 18 teams from Ohio, Michigan, Illinois and New York. The 16U division included 10 teams from Ohio and Pennsylvania.
All pool and bracket results are listed at www.tourneymachine.com under “Midwest Showdown June 20-23 2013.” The direct link is http://www.tourneymachine.com/R2342.